Dhaka Ahsania Mission
Terms of Reference (ToR)
- Basic Information:
- Title of the position: Project Engineer (PE)
- Reportable to: Head, WASH Sector.
- Job Location: WASH Sector, Head office, Dhaka with frequent travel to field offices.
- Grade/Level:Grade-09/ Mid-level.
- Job Nature: Full-time
- Category: Management and Development.
- Scope of work of the position:
The key purpose of this position is to provide technical support to establish WASHrelated hardware activities, hardware site selection, preparing estimate, and design and budget preparation. The position will be required to support Project Implementation Committee to procure quality materials from vendors. H/She will facilitate technical training to staff and implement different types of appropriate WASH technologies. Hardware technology supervision and monitoring will be regular assignment of this position. The position will be responsible for communication, coordination and collaboration with local stakeholders for smooth implementation of hardware. This role demands a visionary and dynamic person who is proactive to create innovation and quality work.
- Specific responsibilities and task, but not limited to:
- Overall Planning and Management:
- Ensure WASH hardware activities as per appropriate in local context;
- Prepare estimate, design and budget and support prepare programme budget;
- Ensure properly implemented hardware.
- Hardware Planning and Implementation
- Provide technical support at the field level in order to ensure proper implementation of WASH Technology;
- Support to implementthe project implementation plan monthly and quarterly basis.
- Monitoring& Reporting
- Time to time visit hardware site and provide technical support mason and community to implement hardware activities smoothly;
- Check quality of hardware work using DAM hardware monitoring tool.
- Liaison and coordination
- Maintain and update hardware technologies current challenges and learning to project coordinator;
- Maintain effective relation with respective GOs and GOs;
- Responsible for ensuring different type of WASH technologies appropriate for the context.
- Skill development and training
- Ensure capacity building of caretaker to maintain and smoothly function of hardware facilities;
- Develop training materials on hardware facilities, maintaining and orient project staff and community about hardware technologies and guidelines.
- Computer skills on Microsoft office Applications& AutoCAD
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Assist in documentation
- Assist Head of WASH in writing progress report
- Assist in writing project proposal
- . Salary : Monthly salary Tk. 45,000 to 50,000 per month, plus other facilities as per organization’s policy
- Type of employment: Contractual