Dhaka Ahsania Mission
Terms of Reference (ToR)
Dhaka Ahsania Mission (DAM) is implementing the project “Empowering Local and National Humanitarian Actors (ELNHA) Phase-II” in Dhaka district with the support of Oxfam in Bangladesh and looking for the following position:
Job Title : Project Finance Officer (PFO)
Contact Status : Contractual (up to 31 March, 2021)
Reportable to : Project Manager, ELNHA-II Project
Based : Dhaka, Bangladesh
Closing Date : 23 August, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Salary : BDT-36,300/month (Consolidated)
Job Summary: To provide a proactive, efficient and effective financial management service to the ELNHA Project within the organization and ensure financial systems and procedures are working efficiently and effectively, and that they are being adhered to. To prepare and monitor budget for humanitarian responses, ensure financial records are properly maintained meeting the NGO’s, donors and Government’s compliance and supporting the development of the organization’s capacity to meet financial standards and accountability.
- Ensure and up to date books of accounts and monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare relevant voucher and ensure all payments process.
- Ensure staff payroll in timely manner.
- Prepare budgets for capacity building, emergency preparedness and response initiatives as relevant for the Empowering Local and National Humanitarian Actors (ELNHA) project.
- Budget tracking, expenditure monitoring, expenditure forecasting and timely financial reporting.
- Ensure and up to date all projects assets, registers, etc.
- Ensure that the project’s finance system follows internationally agreed accounting standard.
- Contribute to developing the capacity of the organisation to manage finances for humanitarian response projects.
- Ensure that emergency finance preparedness is in place for the organization in close coordination with the project manager and senior management of the organization.
- Maintain Tax & VAT data base as per requirement of NGOAB/Govt.
- Ensure donor and Govt (NGOAB, Tax & Vat) compliance are met in financial record and reporting.
- Maintain close coordination and collaboration with ELNHA colleagues and other partners relating to budgets and financial matters.
- Produce draft accounts and prepare books and documentation for the auditors.
- Frequent field visit as required.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Masters in Commerce (M. Com.)/MBA (major in Accounting and Finance).
- At least 5 year(s), working experience in financial management of donor funded project preferably with I/NGO.
- Proven skill in financial management, GAAP, VAT, Tax etc.
- Skilled in budgeting, budget monitoring and review of project expenses.
- Proficiency in computer, Microsoft office programs (Word, excel, PowerPoint) and email communication are essential.
- Good administrative and leadership skills, ability to work in a team, participatory planning, good interpersonal skill, organizing and problem solving abilities and good skill in Office Management and staff supervision.
- Ability to work in a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Bengali.
- Sound and prompt in different program reporting as well as reconciliation of Financial Repost against program achievement.
- Clear concept on different procurement/payment procedure.
- Facilitation of Internal and external audit.
- Applicant should well experience on Tally or other Accounting software.
Please note hard copies of CVs will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by 27 September, 2020 please assume your application was unsuccessful.