About Dhaka Ahsania Mission:
Dhaka Ahsania Mission (DAM) is a non-government development organization of Bangladesh founded in 1958; mandated to work with disadvantaged and underprivileged people including children through
projects and programs. DAM has set out policy for common values, principles and beliefs to
meet our organizational commitment to protect children and work for their rights and
entitlements. DAM’s mission is to provides high quality services towards unity, peace and development of social and spiritual life for the human community in general and for the disadvantaged and suffering humanity, in particular.Dhaka Ahsania Mission has Consultative Status with UN ECOSOC and UNESCO. Over 62 years DAM has been serving the human community for improved living conditions enhancing people’s capacities to multi-dimensional field programs and inner potentials. DAM’s current diversified works encompass multi-dimensional field programs and self-governing institutions in education, health and economic development sectors in Bangladesh.
Dhaka Ahsania Mission in partnership with Plan International Bangladesh is going to implement“Combating Early Child Marriage in Bangladesh (CEMB)” projectwhich is funded by Global Affairs Canada, targeting following major outcomes:
- Increased agency of adolescent girls and boys to protect themselves from harmful gender norms and practices, including child, early and force marriage, and exercise choice in decision affecting their futures
- Improved community acceptance of norms that value the girl child and actions that support girls and boys to delay marriage
- Enhanced institutional responsiveness of duty bearers to child rights violations, particularly Child Early and Force Marriage (CEFM), among vulnerable girls.
The CEMB Project supports the Government of Bangladesh’s commitment from the 2014 Global Girls’ Summit to: create a National Plan of Action to eliminate Child Early and Forced Marriage (CEFM) below 15; reduce by a third marriages below 18 years by 2021; and end all CEFM by 2041. It will promote the progressive provisions of the Child Marriage Restraint Act (CMRA) 2017 and envisions close cooperation with the Ministry of Women & Children Affair, Ministry of Education, a2i and other relevantstakeholders to contribute in implementation of NPA for Adolescent Health strategy in Bangladesh. The initiative is also fully aligned with the goals set by the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) governments through the regional South Asia Initiative to End Violence against Children (SAIEVAC).
At the national level, CEMB Project will be providing support to build the capacity building of Child Marriage Prevention Committees (CMPC) at division, District and Sub-district level and to related training curriculum development process to Ministry of Women and Children Affairs (MOWCA) and Unicef.
On above context, DAM invites applications for the following positions for immediate appointment: -
Position: Divisional Manager, Capacity Building- National Scale up programme at “Combating Early Child Marriage in Bangladesh (CEMB)” project
- Contractual upto September 2022
Number of Vacancy: 1
Dhaka Ahsania Mission’s Head Office, Dhaka
80000/- BDT per month
- Ensure the effective day to day planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of CEMB project in the assigned locations as per the partnership agreement of DAM with PIB.
- Prepare and maintain/update detailed project specific work plan(s) to ensure that stated goals and objectives are met within the overall grant timeline and budget.
- Liaise with stated government counterparts, UN, INGO and other stakeholders for the smooth operation of the project
- Work closely with donor agency and other partners to contribute to develop high qualitytraining curricula, manuals and materials.Provide relevant inputs in the process of ToT module jointly to be developed by Unicef, Plan and MOWCA, in consultation with PlB’s gender adviser and project’s Child Protection specialist.
- Provide necessary inputs to Directorate of Women Affairs (DWA) to incorporate in ToT sessions on CMRA 2017, Gender Equality, Child Rights and Protection, roles and responsibilities training package for another National Resource Pool of Trainers.
- Design and organize CEMB’s national scale up team for the process of development modules of foundation training for and start-up workshop
- Regularly Monitor, Quality assurance of the training implementation
- Support district administration to form/reform district level Child Marriage Prevention Committee (CMPC) if not functional as per the NPA.
- Conduct baseline, midline and end line project evaluations;
- Conduct gender equality and child protection assessment;
- Conduct research on effectiveness of out-of-school strategies of the project for combating CEFM;
- Conduct Safeguarding Risk Analysis and Mitigation Strategy by Plan International and DAM ;
- Maintain a safeguarding procedure across all level of the project by implementing the safeguarding policy of Plan International Bangladesh and Dhaka Ahsania Mission. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working approach.
- Should have excellent donor coordination, donor-oriented report writing skills and proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic team member with Master of Social Sciences (MSS) preferably in Development Studies or any relevant disciplinefrom any recognized university with no third class/ division or equivalent GPA/ CGPA in academic records.
- At least 8 years working experience in development programs/projects of NGOs and or government agencies along with 2-4 years direct working experience in manager position of projects related to child protection and youth & adolescent development.
- She/He should have demonstrated understanding about the Child Protection and Gender Policies and related compliances.
- She/he should have sound knowledge legal provisions related to Child, Early and Forced Marriage in Bangladesh, especially on Child Marriage Restraint Act 2017 and related Rules and circulars.
- She/he should have an adoptive and an appropriate communication style while communicating with the whole range of colleagues, partners, Children and communities and exhibiting active listening and effective feedback.
- She/he should have a demonstrated ability to organize and analyse information, present these for the audience in report format for making decisions.
- Trained on Child Rights Convention, Child Protection reporting and response mechanisms and life-skills.
- Knowledge of donor regulations, financial management and budget
- Have strong interpersonal, communications, organizational and team building ability
- Have fluency in written and spoken English and Bengali
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines.